Thursday 23 August 2007

Dans le Noir

On Tuesday night I paid a visit to Dans le Noir in Farringdon. I didn't know quite what to expect, but it was a fantastic experience. After a surprise cocktail in the (lit) bar, we were led to our table by our guide for the evening, Carl. All the waiters are blind and were amazingly adept at getting us all into the restaurant and seated at our table. He then looked after us exceptionally well all night as we tucked into our food and wine (which we had to pour ourselves - tricky!). You don't know what you are going to get to eat so have to try and guess, which is harder than it sounds. Especially when you are having difficulty even getting the food on your fork! Overall it was a great night and a real experience to be completely robbed of your vision (it is completely pitch black) for so long. My only criticism would be that the menu was slightly unimaginative - roast beef for main course - esepcially considering it is a French restaurant. I would thoroughly recommend the experience though and if I were to go again I would suggest going for the blue or green menu and not the white!

No comments: